Thursday, December 13, 2012

Replacement


Replacement for You Learn. 
*for a creative writing class, we had to pick a poem and replace the nouns and adjectives with our own. This was mine. 

After a while I hear the fragile change
Between whispering in the night and calling to a soul,

And I learn that breath doesn't mean life
And quiet doesn't mean peace.

And I begin to understand that softness isn’t pain
And laughter isn’t pure,
And I begin to decide my fate
With my breath steady and my eyes closed
With the strength of a woman, not the boldness of a man,
And I learn to live all my thoughts for today
Because tomorrow's adventure is too unknown for plans
And love has a way of falling down in mid-flight.
After a while I learn...
That even smiles fade when you hold too tight.
So I steady my feet and hear my own soul,
Instead of holding on someone to bring me life.
And I learn that I really can endure...
That I really am pure
And I really do have life...
And I learn and listen...
With every good-bye I learn.

No comments:

Post a Comment