Sunday, September 26, 2010

Patient.


“What do you value most in life?” I was asked this question recently and my immediate response was love and trust, which is very true. I was then asked, “do you trust me?” My response, if I did not trust you, I would not love you.

Love is something very special, almost sacred that most of us take for granted. I know I do. I mean, I know my family loves me, and I always assume that my friends and family know that I love them. But do I really show it? Do I express it enough that if someone close to me was asked if they thought I would do anything for them, they could immediately say “No doubt in my mind; she would.” I have been in quite the nostalgic mood lately, thinking of those I love and the memories we share. It is tough for me to think that many people in my life probably do not realize just how much I care for them. Many people do not realize the passion I have for them and everyone else around them. If I feel such a love for people I have just met, the love I feel for those I have known for years is a love that can move mountains. As cheesy as that sounds, it is so true. My passion in life is people. I want to give love, I want to give joy, I want to show passion. I want to change lives. How can I do this when people just think of me as the quiet girl in the corner? When people see me as just this, I am not taken seriously. I am not heard. If I am not heard how the hell am I supposed to change lives.

That is what this note is about I guess. Me speaking up, hoping that someone can get something, even the smallest thing, from this silly rant.

Okay, here it goes.

To love is to accept. If you truly love someone, you hold onto them. You may see the world in very different lenses, but that does not matter. Do not judge, do not put one down for expressing something they believe in. This world has enough hate, enough pain already. Take a lesson from those who do not speak from their heart. Their words are not real, their words show no passion. Give love challenges, give love adventures; if you challenge love, you strengthen love. Show love, speak love, be love. There are so many different types of love to be. There is a mother’s love, a father’s love, a grandmother’s love, a soul-mate’s love, a friend’s love, a lover’s love. There is simple love, passionate love; there is complex love and there is love at first sight. Time is slowly fading, whether you see this or not, time is going by. Tears are not worth loosing time. Keep your head high and show that you are confident in yourself; for you cannot love if you do not love yourself. Life needs to be lived in love. Whether you are in love with a person, in love with nature, in love with your god; live in love. Make mistakes in love. Yes, heartache will find you, it will find us all. If we did not feel even the smallest pain, we would not know the joy, the happiness that can come from life. For you, my dear, you hold something special. You must let your love flow through your veins. You must not be afraid of this passion. Let your heart wander. Wandering through fields of blue and oceans of red. Feel other’s emotions. Feel another’s love. Let your love flirt with danger, let your heart argue with God. Find love in multiple places. Do not settle in one destination, keep wandering until your heart stops beating. Keep on a journey that will never fail to surprise. Love will be found in the least expected place, but in order to find that, you must be patient. 

No comments:

Post a Comment