Sunday, September 26, 2010

Peace

It has been on year since my grandmother passed, and in just a couple weeks it will be a year since my grandfather on the other side passed. It has been on my mind a lot lately. Just how fast life goes. How nothing is ever certain. Just because no one knows what is going to happen in the next hour. The main thing that has been on my mind is regret. Why do we waste many months even years regretting something we will never be able to change? I know that there are things that I have regretted doing but I try to spend a small amount of my time thinking about it. I will soon realize that life goes on, it is in the past, the past I cannot change so why worry about it? If I hurt some one I love I will ask for forgiveness, for that is all I can do. If you spend your time holding a grudge against me, what is the point? The best thing we can do is try and talk it out, if it does not work, then maybe we are not supposed to be in each others lives any more. Please just get it into your head that I am human I am going to mess up, get over it; you are going to mess up too, a lot. That is what we do, mess up and then learn from what we did. Just give that one person another chance, you might just be the friend they absolutely need. Just give love and receive love. In this life of the unexpected spend time smiling instead of crying.


This is a small word I wrote about my grandmother a few weeks after she passed. It may not make sense to you but each word holds an amount of love no human could describe.

A PEACEFUL PLACE

I am in love with a soul.
She is an eagle
A cat
A horse
A deer.
I am in love with a heart that beats
Beats
Beats…
I am in love
I am
Love.
Love.
She holds my hand.
She runs through the field
Laughing
That belly out, head back, legs crossed
Type of
Laughter.
She sings
Songs of
Love
Joy
Peace
Songs that touch
That brings tears to your eyes.
Your eyes.
Eyes that crease from smiles
Eyes that leak from love.
Love.
I am in love.
In love with a woman.
A woman who shares my blood.
My blood.
A woman who cares, who loves
Who runs
Through fields of
Pink.
A woman whose spirit
Stays with
Me.
A spirit that laughs that talks that holds
My
Hand.
As I walk
Down
Every single aisle that will
Come.
I am in love with a woman
Who
Lives.
Lives in the most peaceful place this world will
ever know.
She lives
Inside
My heart.
I am in love with a soul.


~ Allyson McBride

No comments:

Post a Comment